Vegan Veggie Rice Bowl
Sometimes I feel like a simple, yet nutritious meal and this hits the spot every time! So whether you’re looking for healthy meal options or filling vegan recipes, this Vegan Veggie Rice Bowl is the perfect choice! It has buttered Zucchini, Corn, Carrots, Onion and Fresh Sage, which means it’s packed with nutritious ingredients that won’t leave you feeling hungry afterwards.
Vegan Rice & Veggie Bowl
- Deep Pan or Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp unsalted vegan butter⠀
- 1 large onion⠀
- 2 medium zucchini ⠀
- 2 cups corn kernels ⠀
- 4 carrots diced⠀
- 4 garlic cloves minced⠀
- 1 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- salt & pepper to taste ⠀
- 1 bunch fresh sage leaves
- Cook rice.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of butter and olive oil in deep pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Now add in the onion and a pinch of salt, cover and cook over medium-low heat until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes uncover and cook over medium-high heat until golden, for another 5-7 minutes. Add the zucchini, carrots and remaining butter.
- Stir occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 mins. Next add the corn & garlic, season with a pinch of salt & pepper and cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice and top with fresh sage leaves... Enjoy 😉