This recipe is made with mushrooms, tofu and carrots. Drizzled with a homemade chili oil.
This healthy vegan recipe is made with mushrooms, tofu and carrots. Made perfect with a homemade chili oil!
- 20 wonton wrappers ⠀
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 200 grams firm tofu frozen then thawed and crumbled⠀
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil ⠀
- 1/2 tsp salt⠀
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chili powder ⠀
- 1/4 cup red pepper flakes ⠀
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cup water⠀
- 1 tbsp chives thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Mix in all of the vegetable filling and sauce in a bowl.
- Take the wonton wrappers and place in the palm of one hand. Add 1 tsp of filling in the center careful not to overfill.
- Dip one finger in a bowl of water and draw a circle around the outer 1/4” of the wrapper with your wet finger until it’s wet all around. Fold the wrapper in half over the filling and pinch it in the center with your thumb and index finger. Using your right thumb and index finger, start making a pleat about once every 1/2 cm on the top part of the wrapper from the center toward the right.
- Once you make 3-4 pleats, continue with the left side of the gyoza. Now start making a pleat from the center toward the left. As you fold each pleat, press the folded pleat tightly against the back part of the wrapper using your other thumb and index finger.
- Press the pleats to shape the gyoza. As you’re shaping each one, leave to rest on a plate covered with parchment paper and place a damp tea towel on top to prevent them from drying out before frying.
- Once completed, heat up oil in a large pan over a high heat.
- Place the gyozas in the pan and lightly press down until the bottom becomes golden brown, pour in 1/3 cup of water then cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small pan heat the chili oil ingredients over medium heat for 5 mins then drain into bowl using a sieve, then add extra red pepper flakes to steep.
- In your large pan uncover when the water evaporates completely.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes to crisp up.
- Place gyozas in serving plate and top w/chili oil & chives. Enjoy 😉