Vegan Radiatori w/ Green Peas, Pine Nuts and Basil
This pasta recipe is perfect for pasta lovers — an array of creamy textures to tantalize the tastebuds!
Vegan Radiatori with Green Peas, Pine Nuts and Basil
Perfect for pasta lovers! An array of creamy textures to tantalize the tastebuds.
- 220 grams radiatori ⠀
- 5 garlic cloves ⠀ minced
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups green peas⠀
- 1 cup basil⠀ chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- vegan parmesan grated
- 4 tbsp coconut cream blended chill the can for 2 hours or day before so that you can scoop out the hardened cream
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot to boil with heavily salted water, add in pasta as per packet instructions.⠀
- Place 2 tbsp of butter and olive oil in a pan over medium heat, when it starts to bubble add the pine nuts and cook while shaking the pan until they are golden brown.
- Next add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the green peas, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime in a measuring cup add the coconut cream and 1/3 cup of pasta water and stir until smooth and no clumps.
- Add to the pan and cook until simmering.
- Next add the chopped basil and stir until combined.
- Once the pasta is cooked add it straight into the pan with 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Turn the heat up, add in grated vegan parmesan and cook until the sauce has thickened about 1-2 mins.
- Transfer to pasta bowls and...⠀Enjoy 😉
- If you regularly cook pasta, always have 1-2 cans of unsweetened coconut cream in the refrigerator. When coconut cream is refrigerated, the liquid separates making it easier to scoop out just the cream.