Vegan Pumpkin, Turmeric and Spinach Pasta
The turmeric not only adds depth to the sweetness but also adds color to the dish. Additionally, the roasted pecans make it rich and buttery. And what also makes this recipe worth your while is that it takes twenty minutes to make it. Save this recipe for your weekly grocery list.
Vegan Pumpkin, Turmeric and Spinach Pasta with Roasted Pecans
- Baking Tray
- 180 grams shell pasta
- 3/4 can pumpkin purée
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/3 cup hot water
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot to boil with heavily salted water, add in pasta as per packet instructions.
- Next, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cover baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil then place pecans on the tray.
- Now cook in the oven for 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil and butter to deep pan, once melted add garlic over medium heat and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next, add the purée, coconut cream blended with hot water, turmeric and vegetable broth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Next add the baby spinach and cook until lightly wilted.
- Once pasta has boiled add straight into the pan using a spider and add 1/2 cup of pasta water and mix until all the ingredients are blended.
- Serve in your favorite bowls and top with the roasted pecans.